Online
Dating Sites vs. Traditional Dating
1. How did you first meet people before turning to online dating?
Online Dating
Erin: “I tried to meet through another personal friend but it didn’t work out.”
Traditional Dating
Don: “Through work. People who worked with me were potential dates. We never talked on the phone. It was at work so we only met face to face.”
1. How did you first meet people before turning to online dating?
Online Dating
Erin: “I tried to meet through another personal friend but it didn’t work out.”
Traditional Dating
Don: “Through work. People who worked with me were potential dates. We never talked on the phone. It was at work so we only met face to face.”
Susan: "We met at school and at work."
2. For what duration of time had you attempt to meet someone online? How many dates did you have a chance to go on when using that method?
Online Dating
2. For what duration of time had you attempt to meet someone online? How many dates did you have a chance to go on when using that method?
Online Dating
Erin: “Six months. Six
dates. That is why I gave up on that thing. I talked to more people than I
dated. I talked to ten guys and went on six dates. One guy I talked to on the
phone and he hung up on me. Another said he was coming right over and never
came. An Indian guy said I am setting up dinner and that he was setting up a
hotel room. He stalked me when I said no. One other said he wanted me to be his
‘submissive slave’. A guy said he wanted to do sexting.”
3. What did you find most appealing about online dating?
Online Dating
Erin: “Nothing appealing. It was interesting seeing if the person was the same person they said they were online. A lot of psychos. One said they just wanted to hook up.”
4. What caused you to seek people online?
Online Dating
3. What did you find most appealing about online dating?
Online Dating
Erin: “Nothing appealing. It was interesting seeing if the person was the same person they said they were online. A lot of psychos. One said they just wanted to hook up.”
4. What caused you to seek people online?
Online Dating
Erin: “I was lonely and
frustrated. Emotionally distressed. Just wanted a companion. I didn’t just go
to the bar. I wanted to get away from the atmosphere of drinking.”
5. What did you find most unappealing about people you met? Were you willing to give them a second chance?
Online Dating
Erin: “No, because they had the ego. Their personality changed when I met them. Some were very cocky and arrogant. They never showed interest in me. I had intuition and a vibe. The relationships didn’t last very long. I think this guy was seeing another girl. There was no trust. I felt a lot of them were dating people on the side. There was a lacking of communication. They could say it on the computer but they were hypocritical.”
Traditional Dating
Don: “All they did was talk about work, very focused. I was willing to look past a lot and give the person a second chance.”
Susan: “Pushiness. I was very willing to give people a second chance.”
6. What did you like least about online dating?
Online Dating
Erin: “They were not upfront about how they truly felt. They would just ignore you. They wouldn’t be upfront. Lack of communication. The guys lied about themselves and whether they liked you or not.”
7. What qualities were you looking for when you first met the person?
Online Dating (in this case referring to the first time she viewed their profile)
Erin: “Honesty, smart, funny, easy-going, determined life goals, has no kids or baggage. One man online was married when he was talking with me online. People would put photos online that aren’t really them. They couldn’t hold a conversation. Bad grammar. A lot get this image that they need to perfect girl. They want the ideal body. She can’t be overweight.”
Traditional Dating
Don: “It was just their personality, my choices had nothing to do with other features. The people’s friendliness and education were the main qualities I saw.”
5. What did you find most unappealing about people you met? Were you willing to give them a second chance?
Online Dating
Erin: “No, because they had the ego. Their personality changed when I met them. Some were very cocky and arrogant. They never showed interest in me. I had intuition and a vibe. The relationships didn’t last very long. I think this guy was seeing another girl. There was no trust. I felt a lot of them were dating people on the side. There was a lacking of communication. They could say it on the computer but they were hypocritical.”
Traditional Dating
Don: “All they did was talk about work, very focused. I was willing to look past a lot and give the person a second chance.”
Susan: “Pushiness. I was very willing to give people a second chance.”
6. What did you like least about online dating?
Online Dating
Erin: “They were not upfront about how they truly felt. They would just ignore you. They wouldn’t be upfront. Lack of communication. The guys lied about themselves and whether they liked you or not.”
7. What qualities were you looking for when you first met the person?
Online Dating (in this case referring to the first time she viewed their profile)
Erin: “Honesty, smart, funny, easy-going, determined life goals, has no kids or baggage. One man online was married when he was talking with me online. People would put photos online that aren’t really them. They couldn’t hold a conversation. Bad grammar. A lot get this image that they need to perfect girl. They want the ideal body. She can’t be overweight.”
Traditional Dating
Don: “It was just their personality, my choices had nothing to do with other features. The people’s friendliness and education were the main qualities I saw.”
Susan: “Handsome, nice,
interesting”
8. What was the longest relationship when you met someone through online dating? What were your longest relationships when meeting through other venues?
Online Dating
Erin: “Five months. But my relationships always ended online. I met another Nick through a mutual friend, Peter, and the relationship was 2.5 years.”
Traditional Dating
Don: “I didn’t meet anyone online. Four year when I met your mother.”
Susan: “I never used online sites. I had three relationships, three at school and they were four months each.”
9. How many dates did you go on?
Online Dating
Erin: “Six total but a lot of them didn’t make it to a second date. Two I went on a second date with and one I went on for a third date. A lot of them were unsuccessful after the first and that happens to a lot of girls. That’s the truth.”
8. What was the longest relationship when you met someone through online dating? What were your longest relationships when meeting through other venues?
Online Dating
Erin: “Five months. But my relationships always ended online. I met another Nick through a mutual friend, Peter, and the relationship was 2.5 years.”
Traditional Dating
Don: “I didn’t meet anyone online. Four year when I met your mother.”
Susan: “I never used online sites. I had three relationships, three at school and they were four months each.”
9. How many dates did you go on?
Online Dating
Erin: “Six total but a lot of them didn’t make it to a second date. Two I went on a second date with and one I went on for a third date. A lot of them were unsuccessful after the first and that happens to a lot of girls. That’s the truth.”
Traditional Dating
Don: “Ten dates. They were always
through the method of getting the chance to meet in person without texting
first. Most of them went well.”
Susan: “Forty dates I have went on. It should be ten dates before I considered someone trustworthy enough to consider them a girlfriend."
Susan: “Forty dates I have went on. It should be ten dates before I considered someone trustworthy enough to consider them a girlfriend."
No comments:
Post a Comment